- Austin 360 -- Find out what's going on in Austin. Among
other things, you can get movie listings and fine out what bands are playing. And they have reviews
of all kinds of things.
- Austin Chronicle -- Like Austin 360, tells you what's going
on around town.
- Progressive Activism in Austin
- Austin Parks & Recreation Department -- Among other
things, one of their divisions organizes the softball leagues that I play in.
- Alamo Drafthouse -- aka Beer Theater. Possibly the best movie
theater in Austin.
- Continental Club -- One of my favorite venues
in Austin to see music.
- Flamingo Cantina -- Another great local venue. Specializes
in ska, reggae, and punk.
- Buffalo Billiards -- The best place in Austin to
find good competition at foosball.
- Stubb's BBQ -- Another good music venue, although the shows
aren't always cheap.
- Emo's -- Good venue, mainly punk.
- The Backroom -- Dive venue in south Austin. Cheap drinks,
pinball, pool, Golden Tee, and some of the most beaten up foosball tables you'll ever find. Terrible
website, but nice place.